Eric M. just added this JHS Moonshine Overdrive Pedal to his pedal board and he's been gushing about it all day. This new OD from KC based JHS is has a killer mix of gritty, thick overdrive, and amp-like breakup, all available via the flip of a switch. Think 808 style, but with added versatility and a very organic overdrive sweep for all those great “in-between” tones that amps can produce. With the “Proof” toggle in the down position, you'll get the highest gain tones with lots of saturation, sustain, and mid-range. In the up position, you'll hear more open and boosted amp-like tones. Just like a few other JHS pedals, the Moonshine uses an internal 9v to 18v charge pump that allows it to run on normal 9v but converting it internally to 18v for an enormous amount of headroom, added low-end, and more overall punch. Very cool.
- Sat. 12/7 Free Workshop - OVERDRIVE PEDALS! 2PM
- December 04, 2013
- Join us this Saturday at 2PM as our own Eric P takes you on a tour of Overdrive Pedals. A classic pedal with a lot of variatio...
- Saturday 11/30 Free Workshop - Choosing a First Guitar!
- November 29, 2013
- Learn what to look for in a first acoustic or electric guitar for kids & adults, what makes a guitar sound great & wha...
- November 2013 Staff Gear Picks
- November 22, 2013
- Josh Baldridge - Tom Anderson Raven We've taken a lot of special order custom builds for Andersons this year, so it's always a ...