Collings Acoustic Guitars - 2013 CJ35 Mh G Custom
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Collings CJ35 Mh G, serial# 23110, is an absolutely stunning example of the Austin, Texas-based guitar builders who have produced some of the most incredible instruments we've seen and played. Modeled after some of our owner, Jim Baggett's, vintage Gibson J-35s, the CJ35 started off as a collaboration between Jim and Bill Collings, featuring Adirondack non-scalloped, three-tone bar-bracing and an abbreviated tongue brace - which, when combined with Mahogany back and sides, really give it an exemplary voice. A German/European Spruce top adds a dynamic and focused range with deep, piano-like bass and powerful, full-bodied highs.
A super versatile guitar, it features a slightly shorter 24 7/8" scale length, a 1 3/4" nut width, and a Vintage-inspired Mahogany neck that together make it a real joy to play. The fingerboard is African Rosewood and has a 14"-26" compound radius, as well as 20 Medium frets. Its high-end appointments include a high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, Tigerstripe pickguard, simple Ivoroid rosette, 1-style Walnut backstrip, mother-of-pearl dot inlays, and Ivoroid tuners. Here in Excellent condition, it has little playwear throughout and is only a couple years old. The Collings CJ35 Mh G is well-suited for all types of playing styles, including fingerstyle, strumming, and flatpicking, as well as all different styles of music - from quieter folk to much louder bluegrass and country. Includes original hardshell case.
- Slope-Shouldered Jumbo Dreadnought with high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Pre-War Non-Scalloped Adirondack bracing with 3 Tone Bars and abbreviated tongue brace
- German/European Spruce top with Tigerstripe pickguard and simple Ivoroid rosette
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage-inspired profile
- African Rosewood fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Straight-style African Rosewood bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio and Ivoroid buttons
- Original hardshell case included
- Serial# 23110