Collings Acoustic Guitars - CJ35 Sunburst
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings CJ35, serial# 24932, delivers an exceptional pre-war '30s voicing and real presence due in part to the non-scalloped, three tone bar Adirondack braces. This guitar model was inspired, in part, by our owner Jim's favorite vintage Gibson J-35, which he loaned to Bill Collings during the developmental stages. The result is a guitar with a warm, full sound with clear, pristine highs, rich bass, and incredible projection. The Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides are a perfect pairing and give this slope-shouldered dread remarkable sustain and resonance - just one reason why both fingerstyle players and strummers have found a home with the CJ.
This has a slightly shorter 24 7/8" scale, a spacious Vintage-inspired neck profile, as well as 1 3/4" nut width and 2 5/16" string spacing, all of which make it a truly comfortable player. The impeccable build quality on this guitar is what you'd expect from Collings, but you have to really take a look at this in person to fully appreciate it. The Sunburst finish, haircut headstock, Tigerstripe pickguard and Ivoroid binding on this all come together so perfectly. This Collings CJ35 includes a deluxe Collings hardshell case and full setup to your specs from one of our luthiers.
- Slope-Shouldered Dreadnought with high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Sunburst finish and Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Non-Scalloped Adirondack Spruce bracing with 3 tone bars
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tigerstripe celluloid pickguard and simple Ivoroid rosette
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage-Inspired profile
- African Rosewood fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Cutthrough Bone saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Straight-style African Rosewood bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with Ivoroid buttons and 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24932