Collings Acoustic Guitars - CW MhA
The Collings CW Mh A Mahogany, serial# 23147, is known as the Collings Winfield, after the Walnut Valley Festival held in Winfield, KS each September, and also inspired by the great Clarence White's preferences. One of our favorite models, this is a modified dread designed with flatpickers in mind - stiffer Adirondack Spruce top, slightly larger soundhole for additional volume, and pre-war scalloped bracing with no tongue brace. Combine that with its Mahogany back and sides and you have an incredible bluegrass-minded cannon of a guitar.
It has a 25 1/2" scale and a smooth, comfortable, Modified V-shaped Mahogany neck, and 1 23/32" bone nut. And its bonus features are equally great: tortoise-style binding, black/white wood purfling, one-style Walnut backstrip, a black/white wood nitrate rosette, an eye-catching Dalmation-style celluloid pickguard - all of it just adds to the overall impressiveness of the guitar. The Collings CW Mh A is a special acoustic that provides the volume necessary to cut through all of those banjos and upright basses at Winfield, and it does so without sacrificing tone. Includes original hardshell case and full set up to your specs from our luthiers.
- Body: Dreadnought with Pre-War scalloped Adirondack bracing and no tongue brace
- Top: Select Adirondack Spruce with large soundhole, Black/White Wood Nitrate rosette, and Dalmation-style celluloid pickguard
- Back and Sides: Mahogany with tortoise-style binding, Black/White wood purfling and 1-style Walnut backstrip
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Neck: Mahogany with Modified V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 21 Medium, 18% Nickel-Silver
- Nut: 1 23/32", bone
- Saddle: Cut-through with 2 1/4" string spacing
- Bridge: Ebony Belly style
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with 16:1 ratio
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 23147