Collings Acoustic Guitars - 2005 D3 SB
This used, 2005 Collings D3 Burst Acoustic, serial #10348, is a square-shouldered, 14-fret dread - the most popular acoustic guitar body style in the world - and Collings' version is simply fantastic. In Excellent condition, this D3 has very little playwear, especially at nearly ten years old. It features a select Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides that, together, sound absolutely amazing - an understated tonal clarity, immense depth, and warmth to match. The unparalleled bass response is what the dreadnought is known for, and this delivers in spades. This guitar is great for bluegrass flatpickers of course, but also anyone who plays with naturally louder instruments or vocalists.
This D3 has a 25 1/2" scale, 1 3/4" nut width, 2 3/16" string spacing and a Mahogany neck with Modified V profile - incredibly comfortable for most players. It also has plenty of elegant appointments, including an Abalone rosette, tortoise-style pickguard, black/white wood purfling, and a 3-style mosaic backstrip. In all respects, the Collings D3 Burst is a gorgeous cannon - and it truly sounds amazing, one of the best. Includes the original hardshell case.
- Body: Square-Shouldered 14-fret Dreadnought with Pre-War Scalloped bracing and High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Top: Select Sitka Spruce with select Abalone rosette and Tortoise-style Celluloid pickguard
- Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood with black/white wood purfling and 3-style Mosaic backstrip
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Neck: Mahogany with Modified V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 20 Medium 18% Nickel - Silver
- Nut: 1 3/4", Bone
- Saddle: Drop-In with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Bridge: Ebony Belly-style
- Tuners: Gold Waverly with 16:1 ratio
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 10348