Martin Acoustic Guitars - 1990 D-41
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Martin D-41 is a big-sounding dreadnought with a lovely tone that plays as well as it sounds. A 14-fret dreadnought with a solid Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides, you get plenty of volume from it that, most importantly, doesn't get muddled when played loudly. A great option for flatpickers looking to compete with naturally louder instruments, the D-41 works well for strummers and finger-style players, too.
Not only does it sound great, but it's also loaded with some great appointments: a tortoiseshell pickguard; Style-45 rosette and back purfling; white Boltaron binding throughout; Abalone Pearl with black/white/black Boltaron top inlay and black/white Boltaron back inlay; Reduced Hexagon Abalone fingerboard inlays; and a polished gloss finish. It also has a 25.4" scale length, 1 11/16" nut width, and 2 1/18" string spacing.
Overall, this is in Very Good condition with some noticeable playwear, including a couple small dings on its lower bout (see photos); the back and neck look great, too. It has recently had a neck reset and refret done, so it plays as well as ever. This used Martin D-41 was built in 1990 and includes its original molded hardshell case.
- 14-Fret Dreadnought with white Boltaron binding and polished gloss finish
- Standard X-Scalloped bracing
- Solid Spruce top with Tortoiseshell pickguard, Style-45 rosette, and Abalone Pearl with b/w/b Boltaron inlay
- Solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides with Style-45 purfling and b/w Boltaron inlay
- 25.4" scale length
- Select Hardwood neck with Low profile
- Ebony fingerboard with white Boltaron binding, 20 frets and Reduced Hexagon Abalone inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- Compensated Bone saddle with 2 1/8" string spacing
- Belly-style Ebony bridge
- Gold Enclosed tuners with Gold buttons
- Original molded hard case included