Martin Acoustic Guitars - 1975 D-28
SOLD. Call us for options.
The Martin D-28 is a quintessential dreadnought - one all other dreads are compared to. Solid and sturdy, big and resonant, the D-28 is hard to beat. And this one from 1975 is a beast. Here in Very Good condition, it has barely any wear - especially at 40 years young - only some minor blemishes and finish checking. The perfect strummer, and with impeccable clarity, this dread is a superb player for about any style of music.
Made with a Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides, it's complemented with the standard Style-28 appointments: rosette, mother-of-pearl dot inlays, and marquetry backstrip. The neck is Mahogany with Martin's Low profile for easy playing, and the fingerboard is Ebony and incredibly clean. Other standards include a 25.4" scale length and 1 11/16" nut width, as well as a black pickguard, black/white/black trim, X-scalloped bracing, and an Ebony belly-style bridge.
In addition to everything you've come to expect from the D-28, a Fishman pickup has also been installed, so now you can plug in and play and sound precisely how the guitar is intended - only amplified. A great stage guitar, this 1975 Martin D-28 plays just as well onstage or on the couch. It also includes its original hard case.
- Dreadnought with white Boltaron binding
- Standard X-Scalloped bracing
- Sitka Spruce top with black pickguard, black/white/black trim, and Style-28 rosette
- Indian Rosewood back and sides with black/white Boltaron inlay and Marquetry backstrip
- 25.4" scale length
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 frets and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Compensated bone saddle with 2 1/8" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Chrome enclosed tuners with large buttons
- Fishman pickup installed
- Original hard case included