Taylor Acoustic Guitars - 616ce 2015
SOLD. Call us for options.
The newly redesigned Taylor 616ce First Edition 2015 guitar (and the entire 600 line) recently received the great 'Andy Powers' treatment - a redesign that has resulted in a game-changing Sitka/Maple acoustic guitar. Like the recently redesigned 800 series, this 616ce has special Advanced Performance bracing, specifically designed to optimize the tonewoods and the specific body shape together. This First Edition also includes special Adirondack top braces. The torrefied (ageing through roasting! see video below) Sitka Spruce top is paired with Maple back and sides, also specially braced. It has a thinner-than-ever finish as well and sounds remarkable. This has a full yet clear, resounding, resonant tone. Both the size and tone work beautifully for strummers and fingerpickers seeking clarity and a nice low end - it's rich, warm and noticeably responsive.
Powers also implemented other build details that contribute to the great tone - protein glues and a super thin gloss finish which lets the woods' tonal natures shine through unimpeded. The Maple wood has a newer hand rubbed stain finish called “Brown Sugar” which really shows off the wood's beauty. Fresh details include ivoroid 'Wings' fingerboard inlays, an Ebony backstrip, also inlaid, sharp-looking Ebony binding with ivoroid purfling and a very cool Ebony striped pickguard.
Of course it's ready to play out too with Taylor’s great (and easy to use) Expression System 2 electronics already installed. Exclusive to this First Edition model are Adirondack bracing, an additional headstock inlay, plus a commemorative First Edition nameplate on the deluxe hard case. This Taylor 616ce First Edition acoustic guitar is a fantastic player and also comes with a full set up to your specs from our luthiers. Check out our own Mike H. giving it a spin below:
- Grand Symphony body shape with cutaway and Ebony binding
- New Advanced Performance bracing with relief rout plus Adirondack top bracing for First Edition
- Torrefied Sitka Spruce top with single ring rosette, Striped Ebony pickguard, and thinner gloss 3.5 millimeter finish
- Maple back and sides with back bracing specially designed for Maple
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Hard Rock Maple neck and heel with Satin finish
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 frets, Ivoroid Wings inlays, and Ebony binding
- 1 3/4" nut width, Tusq
- Micarta saddle
- Taylor Nickel tuners
- Expression System 2 electronics system
- Deluxe Hardshell case with nameplate included, plus full set up to your specs