Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2G
The Collings D2G guitar, serial# 24321, with a German Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides is an absolutely stunning acoustic, expertly crafted by this Austin, Texas guitar company. It combines the best matched woods, hand chosen by Collings' Bruce Van Wart, with their meticulous hand-craftsmanship from start to finish. This custom square-shouldered dreadnought has a German Spruce top, with pre-war scalloped Adirondack Spruce bracing and no tongue brace, which we feel can potentially give a bit more resonance - something this one certainly has in spades. The Mahogany neck has Collings' Modified V profile, a 1 3/4" nutwidth, and an Ebony fingerboard graced by mother-of-pearl diamond and square inlays.
Other appointments include a tortoiseshell pickguard, wood nitrate strip soundhole rosette, grained Ivoroid binding, and a 2-style backstrip. The Ebony belly-style bridge has a bone drop-in saddle with a 2 3/16" string spacing. A gorgeous guitar, this acoustic boasts an incredibly loud voice that doesn't get muddled when played hard, with plenty of low-end, well-defined mids, and crisp highs. This Collings D2G acoustic guitar includes a full setup to your specs by our luthiers, and a Collings hardshell case.
- Square-Shouldered, 14-fret Dreadnought with High-Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- German Spruce top with Pre-War Scalloped bracing, Tortoiseshell pickguard and Wood Nitrate strip rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% Nickel-Silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Serial# 24321
- Hardshell case included