Collings Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series is bold, powerful and extremely well balanced for a dreadnought. Adirondack spruce and Mahogany have a rich history as a tone wood pairing, and it's easy to hear why it's of our more popular builds from Collings - from the first strum right out of the case.
No gimmicks or fancy tricks here. The Traditional Series guitars are built to last, designed and assembled by craftspeople who care about what counts - the details, finish, materials and glues that all go into what makes a guitar sing. This series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end.
The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage, pre-war guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1A that much more resonant and powerful. This D1 A Traditional includes a TKL Hardshell case and a free setup.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial# 27868