Collings Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series - Vintage Satin
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Guitars - D1 A Traditional, here in a Vintage Satin finish, marks a new era in the Collings Traditional story. Featuring the same thin nitrocellulose satin finish as found on the Collings Julian Lage signature model, this is a responsive, focused guitar that can get loud but also responds to light touch in a way that one wouldn't expect from an Adirondack dreadnought. This classic spruce/mahogany build delvers some really nice, rounded highs yet focused low end projection.
The Traditional Series guitars are built to last, designed and assembled by craftspeople who care about what counts - the details, finish, materials and glues that all go into what makes a guitar sing. This series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce a vintage-inspired tone.
The extra thin satin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage, pre-war guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1A that much more resonant and powerful. This D1 A Traditional includes a TKL Hardshell case and a free setup.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Relic Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial# 29872