Martin Acoustic Guitars - OM-18 Authentic 1933
SOLD. Call us for options.
The Martin OM-18 Authentic 1933 is more than a nod to how guitars were made back in the day - for this model, Martin used a CAT scan of an old '33 000 and designed it explicitly after it, detail to minute detail. This has Hide Glue used throughout and authentic-style standard X-scalloped Adirondack 5/16" bracing. The back and sides are solid Mahogany, while the top is Adirondack Spruce with a vintage gloss Sunburst finish. Together you get a vintage-sounding OM that's the preferred choice for fingerstyle players, but ultimately versatile enough for flatpickers, too - and just about any other style of music.
It also has a Mahogany neck in the '33-style shape and an Ebony fingerboard with a comfortable 16" radius, as well as the standard 25.4" scale length, 1 3/4" nut width, and 2 3/8" string spacing. The dark Sunburst finish is expertly complemented by plenty of standout appointments, as well: black Boltaron binding; multiple black/white Boltaron top inlay; Delmar tortoise pickguard; Old Style-18 rosette and fingerboard inlays; and a Madagascar Rosewood backstrip.
This is also one of the last models before Martin switched to its Vintage Tone System (VTS) - which sounds great as it is, though there is something we love about the traditional lacquer finish that this Authentic provides. It sounds great right out of the case and will only open up the more you play it. This is one of the last non-VTS Martin OM-18 Authentic 1933 produced, so give it a strum while you still can. Includes hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- 000 14-fret Orchestra Model with Vintage Gloss Sunburst finish, black Boltaron binding and Hide Glue construction
- Standard X-Scalloped Adirondack Spruce 5/16" bracing
- Solid Adirondack Spruce top with Delmar Tortoise pickguard, Old Style-18 rosette, and multiple black/white Boltaron inlay
- Solid Mahogany back and sides with Madagascar Rosewood backstrip
- 25.4" scale length
- Solid Mahogany neck with Authentic 1933-style shape
- Solid Ebony fingerboard with 16" radius, 20 frets and Old Style-18 inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Ebony
- Fossilized Ivory Long-style saddle with 2 3/8" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly 8060 tuners with Butterbean knobs
- Hardshell case included