Collings Acoustic Guitars - 02H 12-String
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings 02H 12 String, serial# 23854, is a 12 fret 0-sized acoustic 12 string guitar with beautiful appointments and wonderful tone. Its size and Collings' exceptional build make it a real joy to play. The top is select Sitka Spruce with East Indian Rosewood back and sides, both with a high gloss nitrocellulose finish. The great tone is decidedly Collings with exceptional note definition, a nice quick attack, and gorgeous harmonic complexity. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the big presence of this 02H 12 - it's bold with an almost percussive tonality. Fingerstyle players will not want to put it down and just about any player will want one of these in the studio for recording - it's brilliant.
It uses pre-war scalloped bracing for an exceptional and traditional sound, and has a comfortable Mahogany neck with a Modified V profile that's great for the slightly wider nature of being a 12-string. Check out that beautiful slotted headstock too. The scale length is a shorter 24 7/8", perfect for the 0 size, and the nut width is 1 7/8". The fingerboard is Ebony and features mother-of-pearl diamond and square inlays along 20 medium-sized frets. The belly-style bridge is also made from Ebony, and has a drop-in bone saddle with a string spacing of 2 13/32".
Its top notch appointments include a tortoise-style pickguard, a cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette, grained ivoroid binding throughout, herringbone trim and a matching 2-style backstrip. An amazing guitar, the Collings 02H 12 String is one of the finest 12 string guitars we've had - one loaded with classic aesthetics and a feel all its own. Includes a Collings hard case and a full setup from our luthiers.
- 0-sized 12 String with Herringbone trim, Grained Ivoroid binding, and High Gloss Nitrocellulose finish
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Cross-Cut Grained Ivoroid and Wood Nitrate rosette, Pre-War Scalloped bracing, and Tortoise-style pickguard
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile, slotted headstock
- Ebony fingerboard with Mother-of-Pearl diamond and square inlays
- 20 Medium 18% Nickel-Silver frets
- 1 7/8" bone nut
- Drop-In Bone saddle with 2 13/32" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Golden Age Restoration tuners with cream buttons and 15:1 ratio
- Hard case included
- serial# 23854