This Collings OM2H Traditional Baked
is return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with Bill Collings' exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this Baked OM2H that much more resonate and powerful.
This particular Traditional OM2H is a finger-style players dream, but sounds fantastic when flat picked as well. Featuring a stunning, baked Sitka Spruce top that makes for an even more open and "broken in" sound. Combined with a stunning East Indian Rosewood back and sides makes this is one full and resonate sounding OM. The neck features a Traditional profile, based off the Vintage Now dimensions, but with a more distinct taper, and extremely comfortable rounded fingerboard edge.
It also has an Ebony belly-style bridge, a bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing, Traditional Sitka pre-war scalloped bracing, and many high-end appointments: small brown herringbone trim, 2-style backstrip, gold mother-of-pearl diamond inlays, and the absence of a pickguard, however one is included and our Repair Shop would be happy to install it if you so choose.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Bill Collings and his team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings OM2H Traditional Baked
also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- OM with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, aging toner and small herringbone binding
- Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Baked Sitka Spruce top without pickguard (included in the case)
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and diamond inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 26240
- Case Serial#: M000115