Martin Guitars - SS-GP42-15 Koa Grand Performance
SOLD. Call us for options.
This brand new Martin SS-GP42-15 was shown off at this year's winter NAMM show and proved to not only be a real head-turner, but also a spectacular player. It's also incredibly limited, with only 50 being produced - and this is #31. Not many people will be fortunate enough to ever even play one of these, so come check it out while you can.
Built with Martin's new Vintage Tone System (VTS), it has a European Spruce top and highly-flamed Koa back and sides with a Madagascar Rosewood wedge for a magnificent-sounding and genuinely amazing instrument. It's supported by the Golden Era-style Standard X-Scalloped bracing and comes equipped with Fishman's Aura VT electronics, so you have an open, dynamic tone with a nice vintage feel to it. The neck is made from Mahogany and in Martin's Performing Artist profile, while the fingerboard is Ebony and features the gorgeous, continuous pearl Tree of Life inlay along it.
The scale length is the standard 25.4" and the nut width is 1.75". Loaded with high-end appointments, it's hard to ignore its gorgeous aesthetic: solid Madagascar Rosewood binding throughout; Style-42 black/Maple/black fiber top purfling; two-ring rosette; Style-45 Golden Era and 18-style black fiber back purfling; bone nut; white tusq saddle; and gold Grand tuners with butterbean buttons. Through and through, this Martin SS-GP42-15 is a phenomenal acoustic guitar and in very, very limited production. Includes a custom Geib-style hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- 14-Fret Grand Performance with solid Madagascar Rosewood binding
- Golden Era-style Standard X Scalloped bracing
- VTS-Certified European Spruce top with Style-42 black/Maple/black fiber purfling and 2-ring rosette
- Solid highly-flamed Koa with Madagascar Rosewood wedge, and Style-45 Golden Era and 18-style black fiber purfling
- 25.4" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Performing Artist profile
- Solid black Ebony with 20 frets and Tree of Life Pearl inlay
- 1.75" nut width, Bone
- Compensated drop-in white Tusq saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Solid black Ebony Modified Pyramid bridge
- Gold Grand tuners with Butterbean buttons
- Fishman Aura VT electronics
- Custom Geib-style Hardshell case included