Collings Acoustic Guitars - 1991 D2H Brazilian
This is a used Collings D2H Brazilian, dreadnought, serial# 383, in Excellent condition and something you don't see on the market everyday. This was made in 1991 and features an Adirondack Spruce top and AAA-grade Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, and sounds absolutely phenomenal. At nearly 25 years old, it's really opened up and plays wonderfully - you'd be hard-pressed to find a more inviting guitar.
Just like today's Collings guitars, this D2H is loaded with high-end and killer appointments, including a tortoise-style pickguard; cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette; Herringbone binding with a matching 2-style backstrip; mother-of-pearl diamond and square inlays; and a bone nut and saddle. The neck is Mahogany and in the Modified V shape, and the fingerboard is Ebony with a 14" - 26" compound radius and 20 Medium frets. The frets are clean, and the guitar itself is incredibly light and well-balanced.
The scale is 25 1/2" long, while the nut is 1 11/16" wide. A real beaut, it looks as though it's barely been played - It's loud but doesn't get muddled when played at louder volumes. The highs are clean, the mids are focused, and the lows are nice and pronounced. Whether it's bluegrass, folk or country, and playing fingerstyle or just strumming away, this Collings D2H Brazilian does it all. Includes original hardshell case.
- 14-fret Dreadnought with high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and Herringbone trim
- Pre-War Scalloped bracing
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- AAA Brazilian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Mother-of-Pearl diamond and square inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Original hardshell case included
- Serial#: 383