Collings Acoustic Guitars - 2005 D2HA
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Collings D2HA, serial# 11096, is a prime example of a 'closet find' - a hidden gem that seemingly appears out of nowhere. Made by combining East Indian Rosewood back and sides with an Adirondack Spruce top, this has a big, bold tone and superb playability. It has a wonderful tonal clarity, and its bass is great for vocal accompaniment, while the mids and highs help cut through the mix.
This is a 14-fret square-shouldered dreadnought with a 25 1/2 scale length and 1 11/16" nut width, and is loaded with some nice appointments. It has grained Ivoroid binding throughout, as well as Herringbone trim on top and a matching 2-style backstrip; a tortoise-style pickguard and grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette; Abalone diamond and square inlays; and a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
Not only does this guitar look superb, it plays great, too. The Mahogany neck has Collings' Modified V profile that's comfortable and limits hand fatigue after hours of playing, and the Ebony fingerboard and Medium-sized frets and incredibly smooth and clean. This used Collings D2HA is 10 years old and in Near Mint condition, and includes its original hardshell case.
- 14-Fret Dreadnought with high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard, Herringbone trim, and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Abalone diamond and square inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- Bone Drop-In saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Original Hardshell case included
- Serial# 11096