Collings Acoustic Guitars - 2009 01A SB - Sunburst
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Collings 01A SB, serial# 16364, is an amazingly versatile acoustic guitar that's slightly smaller than a traditional OM, but has the volume and tone that belies its diminutive size. Here with an Adirondack Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides, this impresses at every turn - whether you're playing old-timey blues, folk, or whatever else, it really shines. It has a comfortable Modified V-shaped Mahogany neck and a radiused Ebony fingerboard that's incredibly clean and a breeze to play on.
This has a slightly shorter 24 7/8" scale length and a nice 1 3/4" nut width, offering plenty of hand-space for barre chords and quick chord changes. Its appointments include a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Sunburst finish; tortoise-style binding throughout; a tortoise-style pickguard; black/white wood top purfling and a matching black/white wood nitrate strip rosette; a bone nut; and mother-of-pearl dot fingerboard inlays.
Here in Excellent condition overall, it has minimal playwear, especially for a guitar made in 2009, and sounds absolutely phenomenal, whether quietly strumming or going all out. This Collings 01A SB includes its original hardshell case, as well.
- 0-sized with Pre-War Scalloped bracing, high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Sunburst finish, and Tortoise-style binding
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard, black/white wood purfling, and black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Mahogany back and sides
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V shape
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Drop-In Bone saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Belly-style Ebony bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Original Hardshell case included
- Serial# 16364