Collings Electric Guitars - Used 290 - TV Yellow
SOLD. Call us for options.
This used Collings 290 is the quintessential, modern day working man's rocker. Named for the scenic 290 highway through Texas Hill Country, the 290 embodies what it means to rock - a lightweight, versatile single-cutaway electric equipped with dual Lollar Soapbar P90 pickups and a '50s wiring scheme for a decidedly vintage vibe. It's great for rock 'n' roll, especially, but is never limiting - jazz, blues and country licks are right at your fingertips, too.
Its body and neck are made from select solid Mahogany, with a standout high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer TV Yellow finish, and the fingerboard is Rosewood with a 12" radius. Immensely playable, it has a Medium-Fat C-shaped neck, a shorter 24 7/8" scale length, and a nice and wide 1 11/16" nut width.
Loaded with nice appointments, too, the 290 means serious business without being superfluous: 22 frets, grained Ivoroid dot inlays, bone nut, vintage-style tuning buttons, and a black pickguard (but a pearloid pickguard and veneer are included in the case). Here in Excellent condition, it's in great overall shape, with minimal playwear. The frets are clean and it looks like it's barely been out of its case. This used Collings 290 includes its original hardshell case.
- Select solid Mahogany body with high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer TV Yellow finish and black pickguard (Pearloid pickguard and veneer included)
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Select solid Mahogany neck with Medium-Fat C shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, 22 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and grained Ivoroid dot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- 2 Lollar Soapbar P90 pickups with 1950s wiring scheme and CTS 500k pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- 3-way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls
- Tonepros Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners with vintage-style buttons and 1:18 ratio
- Original hardshell case included
- Serial# 12964