Collings Electric Guitars - 290 with Bigsby - Vintage White
This used Collings 290 with Bigsby is the quintessential, modern day working man's rocker. Named for the scenic 290 highway through Texas Hill Country, the 290 embodies what it means to rock - a lightweight, versatile single-cutaway electric equipped with dual Lollar Soapbar P90 pickups and a '50s wiring scheme for a decidedly vintage vibe. It's great for rock 'n' roll, especially, but isn't limiting in the slightest - jazz, blues and country licks are right at your fingertips, too.
Its body and neck are made from select solid Mahogany, with a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Vintage White finish, while the fingerboard is Rosewood with a 12" radius. Immensely playable, it has a Medium-Fat C-shaped neck, a shorter 24 7/8" scale length, and a nice and wide 1 11/16" nut width. Additionally, it has a Bigsby Tremolo tailpiece making it an even more rockin' guitar.
Loaded with nice appointments, too, this 290 means serious business without being superfluous: black pickguard, 22 frets, grained Ivoroid dot inlays, bone nut, vintage-style tuning buttons. Here in Very Good condition, it's in great overall shape, but has some dye leeching from the case in a few spots: notably on the back bottom bout, two blocks on the front bottom bout, and on the neck. Beside that, it has a small ding on its top near the control knobs. The frets are clean, the neck feels great, and it's one of the finest players we've held. This used Collings 290 with Bigsby includes its original hardshell case.
- Select solid Mahogany body with high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer Vintage White finish and black pickguard
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Select solid Mahogany neck with Medium-Fat C shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, 22 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and grained Ivoroid dot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- 2 Lollar Soapbar P90 pickups with 1950s wiring scheme and CTS 500k pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- 3-way toggle switch with 2 Volume and 2 Tone controls
- Tonepros Nashville Tune-O-Matic bridge and Bigsby Tremolo tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners with vintage-style buttons and 1:18 ratio
- Original hardshell case included