Collings Acoustic Guitars - 01 A Traditional T Series
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Acoustic Guitars - 01 A Traditional T Series is a responsive, and easy playing guitar with that bold Adirondack tone. Even with its smaller body size this 01 has a big sound when played with a flatpick, with all of the delicate responsiveness one would expect for fingerstyle playing. The 14-fret Traditional neck provides access to the higher frets, while still bringing a comfy playing experience.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this 01A that much more resonant and powerful.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Collings and their team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings 01A Traditional also features the custom handmade Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- 14-Fret 0 body with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard with toner and wood purfling
- Mahogany back & sides back and sides with 1-style walnut backstrip
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 28384