Collings Guitars - 02H Traditional T Series
Free Shipping Eligible
Pay as low as
$883/mo. with Paypal Credit. See if you're prequalified
This Collings Guitars - 14-Fret 02H Traditional T Series sounds almost unbelievably huge in a beautifully small package. Even with its smaller 0-sized body this new addition to the Collings Traditional line has a big sound, with all of the delicate responsiveness one would expect from a smaller guitar. The 14-fret neck provides access to the higher frets, while still bringing a comfy playing experience.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this 02H that much more resonant and powerful.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Collings and their team of skilled craftsman on these new models. This Collings 02H Traditional includes a Collings TKL case along with a free setup from our luthiers.
- 0-sized 14-fret Body with Extra-thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Small Herringbone trim
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" bone nut
- Cut-through Bone saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial# 28239