Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series 1 11/16
Free Shipping Eligible
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
This new Collings D1 A Traditional features one of the first of the new 1 11/16" Traditional necks to hit the shop. And wow has there been a buzz about it. With a 1 11/16" nut width and a 2 3/16" string spacing, this new neck profile feels similar to some of our favorite late '30s necks, with a comfortable, slightly round 1st position, and a slight V on frets 5-12 giving you a little more meat to properly anchor for those upper register runs.
This particular D1 A has a strong, focused attack, with a responsive low-end that compliments the dynamic upper registers of the guitar. Whether digging in with a flatpack or taking a delicate approach this Adi topped Traditional Collings delivers. Paired with Honduran Mahogany back and sides this D1 A has all that bold, direct sound that we love about this tone-wood pairing.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1 A that much more resonate and powerful.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom 1 11/16" Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial #28717