Collings Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series 1 11/16 Sunburst
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 A Traditional T Series, here with a 1 11/16" neck profile, is a great sounding dreadnought with a quintessentially Collings sunburst finish. Featuring an Adirondack Spruce top paired with Honduran Mahogany, this D1 has that bold, focused attack that's a hallmark of Adi topped guitars. With an even responsiveness across the fingerboard, this dread has a full low-end, great for lush strumming chords and flatpicking bass runs, without any sort of boomy feel to the tone. Warm, clear highs, round a out really great dreadnought build.
With the 1 11/16" nut width and a 2 3/16" string spacing, this new neck profile feels similar to some of our favorite late '30s necks, with a comfortable, slightly round 1st position, and a slight V on frets 5-12 giving you a little more meat to properly anchor for those upper register runs.
The Traditional Series features some vintage-era appointments and build techniques including an extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer which makes for a very expressive guitar. Traditional style bracing and tone woods are utilized which are adjusted, weighed and voiced with vintage tone in mind. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1 A that much more resonate and powerful.
Includes a Collings TKL case along with a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Sunburst finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with 1 11/16" Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial# 28883