Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 Custom
Free Shipping Eligible
This new Collings D1 Custom
is about as Mass Street as it gets, and is a stunning example of the workmanship we've come to admire from the Austin-based builders. Featuring all our favorite tweaks on this classic 100-year-old acoustic guitar design, this particular D1 is a canon that fits as well in a bluegrass jam as it does being played fingerstyle on the couch.
Made with a select Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany back, sides and neck, and an Ebony fingerboard, we've customized it by having the tongue brace removed, which can allow for more top vibration and give it a subtly more open tone overall. In addition to its Modified V neck profile and 25 1/2" scale length, we also gave it a slightly wider 1 3/4" nut width, so you have a nice and dynamic player through and through.
It also has an Ebony belly-style bridge, a bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing, Adirondack pre-war scalloped bracing, and many high-end appointments: tortoise-style top and back binding, black/white top purfling, a 1-style Walnut backstrip, mother-of-pearl microdot inlays, and a tortoise-style pickguard. A genuinely amazing guitar, which is why it's become a staple here at Mass Street Music. This Collings D1 Custom
includes a hardshell case and a full setup to your specs from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Adirondack Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and black/white purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 26167