Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 T SB Traditional - Custom Sunburst
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings - D1 T SB Traditional - Custom Sunburst brings the skill and artistry of the finish crew down at Collings to the forefront. This stunning custom sunburst was the result of collaboration between Mass Street and Collings, with our crew sending down photo reference for what we had in mind, and the Collings team interpreting and executing it beautifully.
An extremely responsive dreadnought right out of the handmade case, this D1 is full and bold, with focused bass notes leaping out of the box. Whether digging in with a flatpack or taking a delicate approach, this Sitka topped Traditional Collings delivers. Paired with Honduran Mahogany back and sides this D1 has all of that immediate, direct sound that we love about this tonewood pairing.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1 that much more resonate and powerful.
This Collings D1 Traditional also features a Collings Handmade case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Custom Sunburst, Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with Walnut stain and 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial #28534