Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 T SB Traditional - Vintage Satin - Sunburst
Free Shipping Eligible
Collings Guitars continues to deliver with this D1 Traditional, here in a stunning Vintage Satin Sunburst finish. Featuring the same thin nitrocellulose satin finish as found on the Collings Julian Lage signature model, this is a responsive, focused guitar that can get loud but also responds to light touch in a way that one wouldn't expect from an dreadnought. This classic spruce/mahogany build delvers some really nice, rounded highs yet focused low end projection.
The Traditional Series guitars are built to last, designed and assembled by craftspeople who care about what counts - the details, finish, and materials that all go into what makes a guitar sing. This series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce a vintage-inspired tone.
The extra thin satin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage, pre-war guitar. This D1 Traditional includes a TKL Hardshell case and a free setup from our team of luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Vintage-Inspired Sunburst
- Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Relic Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial# 32783