Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 Traditional T Series - Baked
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings D1 Traditional - Baked is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with Bill Collings' exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar of the past. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D1 that much more resonant and powerful.
This particular Traditional D1 features a Baked Sitka Spruce top that makes for an even more open and "broken in" sound right out of the box, paired with a stunning Mahogany back and sides for a loud, dynamic dreadnought tone.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Bill Collings and his team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings D1 Traditional - Baked also features the custom built Collings case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Baked (Torrefied) Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Case Serial# D000290
- Serial #26904