Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 VN Sunburst
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
This new Collings D1 VN Sunburst is truly something special. Constructed utilizing reclaimed Sitka Spruce that had originally been harvested as float logs, cabled together and used to form large rafts in the 1960s and 70s, it was then hand-selected by our owner Jim Baggett and Collings Master Luthier Bruce Van Wart for this custom build. Highlighted by a gorgeous Sunburst finish, this D1 VN is one of the more open, lively dreadnoughts we've seen.
Complimented by a Mahogany back, sides and neck, and an Ebony fingerboard, we've customized this D1 further by removing the tongue brace, which can allow for more top vibration and give it a subtly more open tone overall. Additionally it has a "Vintage Now" neck profile, which is slightly larger than the Collings Standard shape, allowing for a wider 2 5/16" string spacing which makes it perfect for both finger and flat picking alike.
A genuinely amazing guitar, with a very unique history, this Collings D1 VN Sunburst comes with a hardshell case and a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Sunburst finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Adirondack Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Reclaimed Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and black/white purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings TKL Hardshell case included
- Serial# 26332