Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H A Traditional T Series 1 11/16
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings D2H A Traditional features one of the first of the new 1 11/16" Traditional necks to hit the shop. And wow has there been a buzz about it. With a 1 11/16" nut width and a 2 3/16" string spacing, this new neck profile feels similar to some of our favorite late '30s necks, with a comfortable, slightly round 1st position, and a slight V on frets 5-12 giving you a little more meat to properly anchor for those upper register runs.
This particular Traditional D2H features a Adirondack Spruce top that makes for a robust low-end, and a powerful sound. When combined with this really straight-grained set of East Indian Rosewood back and side, this guitar has the direct, punch of Adirondack with the rich, full tone of East Indian Rosewood.
The Traditional Series is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced
This Collings D2H A Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom 1 11/16" Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 28795