Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H A Traditional T Series
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H A Traditional T Series is a herringbone, vintage-inspired classic from the Austin, TX based crew. Featuring an Adirondack Spruce top, paired with a lovely set of East Indian Rosewood back and sides, this tone wood combo lends towards a full rich tone, with an immediacy to the pick attack which makes it an easy, responsive player. Extremely even across the fingerboard, this dreadnought has the low-end and mid-range push for rhythm strumming with rounded highs and a focused clarity to the top end.
This Traditional D2H A is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D2H A that much more resonate and powerful.
This Collings D2H A Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 29658