Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H A Traditional T Series Custom Sunburst
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
This Collings - D2H A Traditional T Series here in a Custom Sunburst brings the skill and artistry of the finish crew down at Collings to the forefront. This stunning vintage-inspired sunburst was the result of collaboration between Mass Street and Collings, with our crew sending down photo reference for what we had in mind, and the Collings team interpreting and executing it beautifully.
This particular Traditional D2H features a Adirondack Spruce top that makes for a powerful sound. When combined with this really lovely set of East Indian Rosewood back and side, this guitar has the direct, punch of Adirondack with the with the richness and shimmer of East Indian Rosewood. The neck features a Traditional profile, based off the Vintage Now dimensions, but with a more distinct taper, and extremely comfortable rounded fingerboard edge.
The new Traditional Series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D2H A that much more resonate and powerful.
This Collings D2H A Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Custom Vintage-inspired Sunburst Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 28902