Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H MR Traditional T Series - Baked
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings D2H MR Traditional - Baked is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with Bill Collings' exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D2H that much more resonant and powerful.
This particular Traditional D2H features a gorgeous Baked Sitka Spruce top that makes for an even more open and "broken in" sound right out of the box. Combined with the stunning Madagascar Rosewood back and sides and this guitar is one of the most resonate and full sounding dreadnoughts we have in the shop in a long while. The neck features a Traditional profile, based off the Vintage Now dimensions, but with a more distinct taper, and extremely comfortable rounded fingerboard edge.
It also has an Ebony belly-style bridge, a bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing, Traditional pre-war scalloped bracing, and many high-end appointments: small brown herringbone trim, 2-style backstrip, gold mother-of-pearl microdot inlays, and a tortoise-style pick guard.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Bill Collings and his team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings D2H MR Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Baked Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- A-Grade Madagascar Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstop
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 26453