Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H Traditional T Series
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings D2H Traditional is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D2H that much more resonate and powerful.
This particular Traditional D2H features a Sitka Spruce top that makes for a lively sound. When combined with this really straight-grained set of East Indian Rosewood back and side, this guitar is deep, powerful sounding dread with a really focused fundamental. The neck features a Traditional profile, based off the Vintage Now dimensions, but with a more distinct taper, and extremely comfortable rounded fingerboard edge.
This Collings D2H Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 27207