Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H Traditional T Series 1 11/16
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Guitars - D2H Traditional T Series 1 11/16 is a flatpicking canon. With a darker tone than most Sitka/Rosewood dreads, this D2H has a full, rich and deep low end that still delivers that Collings note definition and articulation, without a hint of being boomy. Its. Just. Loud. This is the sort of dreadnought where once you dig in the whole guitar responds in an extremely satisfying way. The neck is carve is very comfortable, the 1 11/16" nut and neck taper are so well done even 1 3/4" players will forget they're playing a narrower string spacing.
This Traditional Series is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this D2H that much more resonate and powerful.
This Collings D2H Traditional also features the custom built Collings Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing without a tongue brace
- Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- Small brown herringbone trim
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings made Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 29114