Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM1 A JL 1 3/4 Traditional - Julian Lage Signature
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings - OM1 A JL Traditional - Julian Lage Signature is in a word, special. A signature model based on a collaboration between lauded guitarist Julian Lage and the late Bill Collings, this OM1A JL reaches a new level of vintage-inspired design at Collings. Featuring a distinct, focused, open tone - even more so than the usual Traditional models - this OM1 A JL is resonant and dynamic with a clear fundamental across the fingerboard.
This particular Traditional OM1A JL features a gorgeous Adirondack Spruce top that produces tons of volume with plenty of head room. Combined with a classic Mahogany back and sides making this is one full sounding OM. The neck features a Collings Traditional profile which brings a slighter wider string spacing and a 1 3/4" nut width to the JL build.
A part of the growing Traditional series, this JL is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, hand rubbed to a Satin appearance, is applied without a polyvinyl sealer, making for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this OM1A JL that much more resonant and powerful.
This model truly sounds unlike any Collings guitar we've had through the shop and makes for a very exciting expansion of the Traditional series. Includes the custom built Collings Traditional case, and a free setup from our luthiers.
- OM with Extra thin Nitrocellulose Hand Rubbed Satin Lacquer finish with Wood and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- Mahogany back & sides back and sides with a 1-style walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Traditional Profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone Drop-in saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Relic Nickel Waverly Tuners with vintage oval buttons
- Gold MOP Collings script logo
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 28397