Collings Guitars - OM1 A JL Traditional - Julian Lage Signature
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings - OM1 A JL Traditional - Julian Lage Signature is a great example of how Collings is continuing to build new guitars that deliver on vintage style and tone. This particular OM1 A JL has a resonate low-end with warm, rounded off highs and a very balanced mid-range that makes this a versatile OM.
A signature model based on a collaboration between lauded guitarist Julian Lage and the late Bill Collings, this OM1A JL reaches a new level of vintage-inspired design at Collings.
A part of the growing new Traditional series, this JL is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, hand rubbed to a Satin appearance, is applied without a polyvinyl sealer, making for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this OM1A JL that much more resonate and powerful.
Includes a free setup to your specs from our teach of luthiers and the original Collings TKL hardshell case.
- OM with Extra thin Nitrocellulose Hand Rubbed Satin Lacquer finish with Wood and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- Mahogany back & sides back and sides with a 1-style walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom JL profile based on Julian's 1939 Martin 000-18
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, bone
- Bone Drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Relic Nickel Waverly Tuners with vintage oval buttons
- Gold MOP Collings script logo
- Collings TKL hardshell case
- Serial#: 30590