Get 10% Back on New Items with our Holiday Promo | Click for more info
Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM1 A Traditional T Series
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings OM1AT Traditional is a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with Bill Collings' exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this OM1AT that much more resonant and powerful.
This particular Traditional OM1AT features a gorgeous Adirondack Spruce top that produces tons of volume with plenty of head room. Combined with a classic Mahogany back and sides making this is one full and resonate sounding OM. The neck features a Custom Traditional profile as Collings starts with a Vintage Now neck profile and their expert craftsman hand-carve it into a custom shape with an extremely comfortable rounded fretboard edge.
It also has an Ebony belly-style bridge, a bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing, Traditional pre-war scalloped bracing, and many high-end appointments: Maple and rosewood purfling, 1-style walnut backstrip, gold mother-of-pearl microdot inlays, and a tortoise-style pick guard.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Bill Collings and his team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings OM1 A Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- OM with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and toner
- Mahogany back & sides back and sides with Maple and rosewood purfling with 1-style walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial#: 26514