Collings Acoustic Guitars - OM1 Traditional T Series Custom Sunburst
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Guitars - OM1 Traditional T Series, here in a Custom Sunburst finish, is an articulate and easy player that is a joy to pick. Featuring a Sitka Spruce top with Honduran Mahogany back and sides, this lightweight build is bold and dynamic while still being responsive to a lighter touch.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of a vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this OM1 that much more resonate and powerful.
Here at Mass Street Music, through our owner Jim Baggett, we have had the great privilege of getting to collaborate with Collings and their team of skilled craftsman on these new models. We couldn't be more excited to have been a part of this new Traditional Series. This Collings OM1 Traditional also features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Orchestra Model with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Vintage Inspired Sunburst
- Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and wood purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Custom Traditional profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone cut-through saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial #28513