Collings Acoustic Guitars - Parlor 1 Mh Traditional T Series
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
The Collings - Parlor 1 Mh Traditional brings a new body size to this line of vintage-inspired guitars from the Austin, TX builder. Featuring an all Honduran Mahogany body, this dark, mellow small-bodied guitar is extremely well balanced and responsive to both fingerstyle and a light touch with a flatpick. These parlor guitars are not built to handle a heavy right hand, but with the right touch they can really sing. With loads of volume and projection for a smaller instrument it makes for a wonderful vocal accompaniment guitar.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this Parlor that much more resonant and powerful.
This Parlor 1 Mh Traditional features the custom built Traditional case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- Parlor Body with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Honduran Mahogany top with wood purfling
- Honduran Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 24 7/16"" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Gold Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Drop-in bone saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Pyramid-style Ebony bridge (petite)
- Engraved Bronze 3-on-a-plate tuners with Ebony Buttons
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial# 27435