Collings Acoustic Guitars - CJ35
This new Collings CJ35 acoustic, serial# 22448, has a phenomenal presence with a vintage, pre-war '30s vibe, thanks in part to the non-scalloped, three tone bar Ad bracing configuration and abbreviated tongue brace. These seemingly small things, coupled with the Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides, deliver a powerful range - full, rich bass to beautiful, clear highs, with remarkable tonal projection. Strummers and fingerstyle players alike will find the clarity, sustain and resonance here to be quite addictive.
Its slightly shorter 24 7/8" scale, roomier neck profile, 1 3/4" nutwidth and 2 5/16" string spacing make it a great player. The neck takes a cue from larger vintage style profiles while still being comfortable and the sound it contributes to is big, clear and beautiful. This slope shouldered jumbo is really capable of bringing to life most any players' needs - from blues and bluegrass to country and folk.
The perfect (and we do mean perfect, down to the last millimeter) construction and nitro lacquer finish ensure the wood sings to its fullest. This model was inspired partly by our owner Jim's favorite vintage Gibson J-35, which was loaned to Bill Collings during the developmental stages of the design of the first CJ35s. This Collings CJ35 is one of our favorite acoustic guitars, and it comes with a deluxe Collings hard case.
- Body: Slope-Shouldered Jumbo dread; non-scalloped Adirondack bracing w/ 3 tone bars; abbreviated tongue brace; nitrocellulose lacquer finish; 4 7/8" depth; 16" lower bout
- Top: Sitka Spruce top
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck: Mahogany with a roomy, vintage-inspired profile
- Fingerboard: African Rosewood, 14" - 26" compound radius
- Frets: 20, with neck joining at the 14th fret
- Nut Width: 1 3/4", bone
- Saddle: Cut through saddle with 2 5/16" spacing
- Bridge: Straight-style with Ivoroid bridge pins and Ebony end pin
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with Ivoroid buttons and 16:1 ratio
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 22448