Collings Acoustic Guitars - CJ35 A
This Collings CJ35 A, serial# 23333, has outstanding presence with a distinct pre-war '30s vibe, due to its non-scalloped, three tone bar Adirondack bracing configuration and shortened tongue brace. Add to that an Adirondack Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides, and you have one helluva guitar with an immensely powerful range - with dense, rich bass to crisp, clear highs, and remarkable projection. Regardless of how you play, be it as a strummer or fingerstyle player, the beautiful clarity, sustain and resonance will linger with you indefinitely.
The slope-shouldered jumbo dread is fully capable of accommodating many styles of music, too - from blues and bluegrass to country and folk, it does it all. And its slightly shorter 24 7/8" scale, spacious neck profile, 1 3/4" nut width, and 2 5/16" string spacing make it an all-around excellent player.
Flawless construction and a nitro lacquer finish guarantees its sound quality will only improve the more you play it - and you really won't want to put it down. Inspired in part by our owner Jim's favorite vintage Gibson J-35, which he loaned Bill Collings during the developmental stages, the Collings CJ35 A is one of those guitars that stays with you long after first playing it. Includes a deluxe Collings hardshell case and setup from one of our experienced luthiers.
- Body: Slope-Shouldered Jumbo dread; non-scalloped Adirondack bracing w/ 3 tone bars; abbreviated tongue brace; nitrocellulose lacquer finish; 4 7/8" depth; 16" lower bout
- Top: Adirondack Spruce top
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck: Mahogany with a roomy, vintage-inspired profile
- Fingerboard: African Rosewood, 14" - 26" compound radius
- Frets: 20, with neck joining at the 14th fret
- Nut Width: 1 3/4", bone
- Saddle: Cut through saddle with 2 5/16" spacing
- Bridge: Straight-style with Ivoroid bridge pins and Ebony end pin
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with Ivoroid buttons and 16:1 ratio
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 23333