Collings Acoustic Guitars - CW A Indian Rosewood
SOLD. Call us for options.
Check our Shipping Page
for 2018 Holiday delivery options
The Collings CW A Indian Rosewood, serial# 23449, known as the Collings Winfield, is named after the Walnut Valley Festival held in Winfield, KS, each September, and also inspired by the great Clarence White's preferences. A favorite of ours, this model has been designed specifically for flatpickers, with a stiffer Adirondack Spruce top, a slightly larger soundhole for additional volume, and pre-war scalloped bracing with no tongue brace. Add an East Indian Rosewood back and sides and you have a sonic cannon for the bluegrass-minded player.
Here with a 25 1/2" scale and a smooth, comfortable Modified V-shaped Mahogany neck, and a 1 23/32" bone nut, it's a ridiculously smooth player. Beautiful details are here, including grained ivoroid binding, Herringbone trim with a matching 2-style backstrip, a sharp Dalmation-style celluloid pickguard, and an elegant wood nitrate rosette. Together, it makes for a superb sounding and visually stunning guitar. The Collings CW A Indian Rosewood is an incredible instrument designed to provide the volume necessary to cut through inherently louder bluegrass instruments. Includes a Collings hardshell case and full set up from our luthiers.
- Body: Dreadnought with Pre-War scalloped Adirondack bracing and no tongue brace
- Top: Select Adirondack Spruce with large soundhole, Grained Ivoroid and Wood Nitrate rosette, and Dalmation-style celluloid pickguard
- Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood with grained Ivoroid binding, Herringbone trim and matching 2-style backstrip
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Neck: Mahogany with Modified V profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 21 Medium, 18% Nickel-Silver
- Nut: 1 23/32”, bone
- Saddle: Cut-through with 2 1/4" string spacing
- Bridge: Ebony Belly style
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly with 16:1 ratio
- Case: Hardshell Case included
- Serial#: 23449