Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1 Custom
This brand new Collings D1 Custom is an outstanding example of the Austin-based company's desire to build impeccable instruments that will last a lifetime. This is a square-shouldered dreadnought, arguably the most popular steel-string acoustic in the world, and one that's been tweaked by its makers to not only sound great for vocal accompaniment thanks to its clear bass response, but is also employed by bluegrass flatpickers in order to compete with naturally louder instruments.
Made here with a select Sitka Spruce top, Mahogany back, sides and neck, and an Ebony fingerboard, we've customized it by having the tongue brace removed, which can allow for more top vibration and give it a subtly more open tone overall. In addition to its Modified V neck profile and 25 1/2" scale length, we also gave it a slightly wider 1 3/4" nut width, so you have a real nice and dynamic player through and through.
It also has an Ebony belly-style bridge, a bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing, Adirondack pre-war scalloped bracing, and many high-end appointments: tortoise-style top and back binding, black/white top purfling, a 1-style Walnut backstrip, mother-of-pearl microdot inlays, and a tortoise-style pickguard. A genuinely amazing guitar, we at MSM were lucky enough to get not just one, but two of these Collings D1 Custom dreads. Includes hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Dreadnought with High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Adirondack Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard and black/white purfling
- Mahogany back and sides with 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl microdot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24849