Collings Acoustic Guitars - D1A Custom
SOLD. Call us for options.
This gorgeous Collings D1A Custom, serial# 24496, is a masterpiece in about every way - from its impeccable tone and craftsmanship, down to its finer details and custom appointments. Here with an Adirondack Spruce top and pre-war scalloped bracing, you have a nice and bright tone. We also left out the tongue brace, allowing for a subtly more open sound. Couple that with Mahogany back and sides and you get excellent projection and volume that doesn't get muddled - even when played at higher volumes.
The neck is made from Mahogany, too, and in Collings' Modified V shape, while the fingerboard and belly-style bridge are Ebony. It has a 25 1/2" scale length and a slightly wider 1 3/4" nut that opens up more room for your hands, which is especially useful for fingerstyle-playing - though it's also great for bluegrass flatpickers who need a guitar loud enough to compete with other instruments that are inherently louder.
This square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is everything a serious player could want. Unbeatable tone, plenty of volume, and flawless appointments, including tortoise-style binding and pickguard; a black/white wood nitrate strip rosette; black/white wood purfling on its back and a 1-style Walnut backstrip; and mother-of-pearl dot inlays. An immensely playable guitar, this Collings D1A Custom can really do it all. Includes hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- Square-Shouldered 14-fret Dreadnought with high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and Tortoise-style binding
- Adirondack Pre-war Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard and black/white wood nitrate strip rosette
- Mahogany back and sides with black/white wood purfling and 1-style Walnut backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14"-26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24496