Collings Acoustic Guitars - 1996 D2H
This used Collings D2H, serial# 2793, is quite an impressive find - a nearly 20-year-old dreadnought that's been kept in Near Mint condition with many, many more years to come. It's a standard D2H from the Austin-based guitar builders, but it's also one of the most impressive dreads on the market - and this one in particularly is especially fantastic.
Here with a select Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides, it has a Modified V-shaped Mahogany neck and Ebony fingerboard, and many eye-catching appointments that help it stand out among the rest. Where it really shines, though, is its tone and playability. Vibrant and dynamic, it has deep lows, crisp highs, and nice mids. Great for bluegrass and flatpickers, it has the volume to be cut through a mix of other, naturally louder instruments like the banjo and fiddle, while still retaining its overall clarity.
It has a 25 1/2" scale length and 1 11/16" nut width to make for a comfortable player, in addition to a drop-in bone saddle with a 2 3/16" string spacing. Its appointments include a tortoise-style pickguard; cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette; grained Ivoroid binding; Herringbone top trim and matching two-style backstrip; and mother-of-pearl diamond and square inlays. A truly incredible guitar, this Collings D2H from 1996 is your chance to own a like-new dreadnought at a great price. Includes its original hardshell case.
- Square-Shouldered 14-fret Dreadnought with grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped bracing
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Tortoise-style pickguard, Herringbone trim, and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style Herringbone backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Mother-of-Pearl diamond and square inlays
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- Bone Drop-In saddle with 2 3/16" string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Original hardshell case included
- Serial# 2793