Collings Acoustic Guitars - D2H VN Traditional T Series Prototype
This Collings D2H VN T, serial# 25596, is a prototype model for a brand new Traditional series - a line of acoustics that focus on vintage-voiced guitars from '30s and '40s. For this dreadnought, our owner, Jim, sent one of his vintage dreads to Bill Collings in Austin, Texas, where he spec'd the Traditional out to emulate its superb tone and feel using vintage construction techniques, even building it with protein glue - and Collings absolutely nailed it.
It features an Adirondack Spruce top and pre-war scalloped bracing, while not including the tongue brace to give it a subtly more open sound. The back and sides are East Indian Rosewood, while the neck is Mahogany and the fingerboard is Ebony. To further add upon its whole vintage vibe, it's been given Collings' Vintage Now neck profile and bridge, including a 25 1/2" scale, 1 3/4" nut width, and 2 5/16" string spacing.
It's also loaded with many nice appointments: grained Ivoroid binding; Herringbone top trim and a matching 2-style backstrip; a tortoiseshell pickguard; cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette; and Abalone diamond and square fingerboard inlays. An incredibly powerful and versatile player, this Collings D2H VN T prototype is an absolute beast of a guitar, expertly voiced and built, and is truly one for the ages. Includes Collings' new hardshell case, serial# D000020, and a full setup to your specs.
- Dreadnought with grained Ivoroid binding
- Adirondack Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoiseshell pickguard, Herringbone trim, and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Abalone diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, Bone
- Bone Drop-In saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony Vintage Now bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Collings Custom hardshell case included (serial# D000020)
- Serial# 25596