Collings Acoustic Guitars - D42 Varnish Madagascar Rosewood
SOLD. Call us for options.
This Collings D42, serial# 24111, is a custom, square-shouldered dreadnought made from some of the finest materials and appointments available. It has an Adirondack Spruce top with Adirondack bracing, and has Madagascar Rosewood back and sides, giving it a lightweight, almost airy tone to it, all while still providing plenty of volume, sustain, and warmth found in full-bodied guitars.
Featuring Collings' Vintage Now neck- and bridge profile, it has a 25 1/2" scale length and 1 3/4" nut width, as well as a 2 5/16" string spacing. The neck is Mahogany and the fingerboard is Ebony with 20 Medium frets. It also has a Varnish finish, among other high-end appointments: Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard; select Abalone rosette; 42-style Abalone top binding; 3-style mosaic backstrip; 45-style Snowflake inlays; Torch peghead inlay; bone nut and saddle; and gold Waverly tuners.
An incredible-sounding and playing dreadnought, its bass response is perfect for vocal accompaniment, but it's designed to be loud enough to cut through other inherently louder instruments - like fiddles and banjos. Employed especially for bluegrass, folk, rock, and country tunes sound great, too. This Collings D42 is an outstanding guitar at every level, and one that will sound even better the more you play it as it opens up. Includes hardshell case and full setup from our luthiers.
- 14-fret Square-Shouldered Dreadnought with Varnish finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped Adirondack bracing
Adirondack Spruce top with Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard and select Abalone rosette and 42-style Abalone top border
- Madagascar Rosewood back and sides with black/white wood purfling and 3-style mosaic backstrip
- 25 1/2" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Vintage Now profile and Torch peghead inlay
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and 45-style Snowflake inlays
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Bone drop-in saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Ebony Vintage Now bridge
- Gold Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Hardshell case included
- Serial# 24111