Collings Acoustic Guitars - Parlor Deluxe - Maple A - Traditional T Series
SOLD. Call us for options.
Free Shipping Eligible
This Collings Guitars - Parlor Deluxe - Maple A - Traditional T Series is a custom build with some stunning deluxe appointments. Featuring an Adirondack spruce top, paired with some striking Flamed Maple back and sides, this small-bodied parlor has a huge sound. Perfect for fingerstyle players, or even flatpickers looking to develop a new sound by backing off with the pick attack, this Maple and Spruce combination is articulate, with a bright, dynamic responsiveness that maybe wouldn't be expected from such a small instrument.
The Traditional Series is marked by a return to just that, traditional building techniques and materials combined with the Collings exquisite attention to detail. This new series is highlighted by traditional style bracing and tone woods which are adjusted, weighed and voiced to produce particularly warm, rounded highs while maintaining a full, rich low end. The extra thin Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, applied without a polyvinyl sealer, makes for a lively, expressive top that has the feel of an old vintage guitar. The Traditional Series tone is further enhanced by the use of Animal Protein glue, which can dry harder making every joint of this Parlor that much more resonant and powerful.
This Parlor Deluxe - Maple A T features the handmade Collings case, and includes a free setup from our luthiers.
- 12-Fret Parlor Body, Deluxe Appointments with Extra thin High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Custom Traditional Pre-War Scalloped bracing with no tongue brace
- Adirondack Spruce top with Ivoroid binding and Custom Red & Green Wood Marquetry purfling
- Flamed Maple back and sides
- 24 7/16" scale length
- Flamed Maple neck with custom Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14" - 26" compound radius, Medium 18% nickel-silver frets
- 1 3/4" nut width, bone
- Drop-in bone saddle with 2 5/16" string spacing
- Pyramid-style Ebony bridge (petite)
- Waverly Engraved Bronze 3-on-a-plate with Ivoroid Buttons
- Collings handmade Traditional hardshell case
- Serial# 28676