Collings Electric Guitars - I-35 LC - Faded Cherry
This Collings I-35 LC, serial# 15531, is an absolutely breathtaking semi-hollowbody electric guitar out of Austin, Texas. Here in Faded Cherry with a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, its body is made from select figured Laminate Maple with a Mahogany neck and Rosewood fingerboard. The cool transparent finish is set off beautifully with cream body binding and you have two slim contour f-holes, a Medium-Fat C-shaped neck profile, and a 12" fingerboard radius with a 1 11/16" bone nut, making it a versatile player for just about any style of music.
Even the pickups are as good as it gets: dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers. These have a slightly brighter tone overall giving exceptional presence and versatility, particularly with the great '50s style wiring here, allowing you to maintain highs when rolling off the volume. You've got quality CTS 500k pots with Xicon caps and a Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack - perfection inside and out.
This guitar has fantastic tone, but it's also one of the slickest looking players around. Mother-of-pearl dot inlays, Ebony peghead overlay, a Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece, nickel Gotoh tuners, and vintage-style buttons all round out its high-end appointments. The Collings I-35 LC electric is a phenomenal guitar through and through. Includes a SoCo/Jazz hard case and full setup to your specs from our luthiers.
- Select figured Maple Semi-Hollow Laminate body, inset Maple center block, slim contour f-holes and high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 24 7/8" scale length
- Mahogany neck with Medium-Fat C-shaped profile, fully adjustable truss rod
- Rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius, 22 Medium 18% Nickel-Silver frets and Mother-of-Pearl dot inlays
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock with Ebony peghead overlay
- 1 11/16" nut width, Bone
- Dual Lollar low-wind Imperial humbuckers
- Tonepros AVR-II bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners with vintage-style buttons
- Switchcraft toggle switch, '50s-style wiring scheme, CTS 500k pots, Xicon caps, Top Hat knobs
- SoCo/Jazz Hardshell case included
- Strings: .011-.049
- Serial# 15531